Who Is a Transfer Student?
Applicants to Mercer’s residential undergraduate program on the Macon campus with more than nine (9) semester hours after high school graduation are considered transfer students.
If you are a current high school student earning college credit through dual enrollment, you are considered a first-year student.
Your Next Steps
2023-2024 Dates and Deadlines
|Entry Term||Priority Deadline||Deposit Deadline||First Day of Class|
|Fall 2023||June 1||July 1||August 23|
|Spring 2024||November 15||December 1||January 9|
|Summer Session I 2024||March 15||May 1||May 22|
|Summer Session II 2024||March 15||May 1||June 26|
|Requirement||Less Than 30 Semester Credit Hours||30-60 Semester Credit Hours||More Than 60 Semester Credit Hours|
|Application For Admission||✔||✔||✔|
|College Transcript(s)||Minimum 2.5 GPA||Minimum 2.5 GPA||Minimum 2.5 GPA|
|High School Transcript(s)||✔||✔||✘|
Transfer students submitting and/or completing an application for the first time with only in-progress courses on their college transcript may be reviewed for a conditional acceptance based on their high school transcript and GPA. Applicants will receive an admissions decision, but will not be awarded a merit scholarship until the final grades have been received and a college GPA has been calculated to award an accurate transfer scholarship. Transfer applicants who submit their college transcript with final grades and fall below a 2.5 collegiate GPA are subject to having their conditional acceptance rescinded.
How To Order Your Official Transcripts
- Visit your previous or current institution’s Registrar’s Office website, and search “transcripts.”
- Follow the instructions for ordering your official transcript.
- When prompted, select Mercer University as the recipient.
- For quickest delivery, Mercer prefers that you select electronic delivery. If you prefer mail delivery, enter Mercer University, Office of University Admissions, 1501 Mercer University Drive, Macon, GA 31207..
Note: Mercer only accepts official transcripts sent from other institutions, indirectly through ordering services or directly from the institution. We cannot accept any official transcripts sent from the applicant’s email.
The Registrar’s Office will complete the official transfer credit evaluation upon admission to Mercer University. Though processing time can vary during peak times, we strive to offer an evaluation within 1-3 weeks of admissions. Learn more about our transfer credit policy here.
Committed to Your Success
Mercer awards merit scholarships to transfer students based on academic credentials provided in the application for admission. If accepted, students receive notification of their merit scholarship offer in the acceptance letter.
|Domestic Transfer GPA Range||Merit Scholarship Amount|
- Students with exceptionally high academic credentials or active Phi Theta Kappa membership may be eligible for special scholarships.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where to Start
Transfer Student Tours
Get the Inside Scoop
Looking to transfer to Mercer? This is a great opportunity to visit Mercer's campus in person and experience the spirit of Bear Territory for yourself. Available on Fridays at 2:00 p.m., our Transfer Student Tour offers an overview of the admissions process, academics, student life, and more.
Our transfer credit policy helps ensure your academic success and keep you on track for graduation.
- Mercer will accept coursework with a grade of C or better that was completed at a college or university accredited by an institutional accreditor recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Mercer does not transfer any remedial, developmental, institutionally-based, or vocational courses.
- The maximum credit allowed from all two-year colleges attended is 64 semester hours.
- Students must earn a minimum of 32 credit hours at Mercer to be eligible for graduation.
- For more information, visit our Transfer Credit Evaluation Policy for Undergraduate Students.
|Use the Transfer Equivalency Estimator to see an unofficial report of how your college-level coursework will likely transfer to Mercer. An official report will be completed by the Office of the Registrar approximately two weeks after a student has been accepted to the University. Note: The Transfer Equivalency Estimator is not a comprehensive list.|
Veterans and Active Military
Mercer University is a federally designated "Principles of Excellence" education institution as determined by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Extensive educational benefits are available to veterans and their dependents attending Mercer University.
Information for Accepted Transfer Students
Congratulations and welcome to Mercer! We're excited to welcome you to our campus community. Take a look at your next steps to make it official and complete the enrollment process.